On March 23, 2021, the Milwaukee Board of School Directors approved the Administration’s recommendation to return to in-person learning.
Read the Board-approved motion.
Students will attend four days of in-person learning and virtual instruction on Wednesdays. In-person learning will begin on the following dates:
- Wednesday, April 14, 2021: K3 through grade 3 (attending Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week).
- Monday, April 19, 2021: Grade 4 through grade 8.
- Monday, April 26, 2021: High school seniors and students in need of support. All other freshmen, sophomores and juniors will remain in virtual learning for the remainder of the school year.
- Note that all students will learn virtually on Wednesdays beginning April 21.
A virtual option will be available for families who do not wish to return to in-person learning.
Families and staff can review the questions and responses from the Milwaukee Board of School Directors.
Roadmap to Readiness Return to Classroom Survey
Schools will survey families to determine if their child will be attending in-person or remain virtual for the remainder of the school year. Families will also be surveyed regarding transportation needs.
Families can take the survey online. The survey will be open until Thursday, April 1, 2021.
Parent Engagement Sessions
The district will hold three virtual family engagement sessions to help families learn about school routines, procedures, and safety measures that will allow students to safely return to in-person learning. Topics that will be covered include:
- Personal protective equipment in schools
- Bus transportation
- Supports provided by school nurses
- Procedures for sick children
- Morning wellness checks at home
- Before- and after-school care
Parent engagement sessions will be held from 5:30-7:00 p.m. on the following dates:
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021: K3 through grade 3
- Wednesday, April 14, 2021: Grades 4 through grade 8
- Wednesday, April 21, 2021: High school
Registration is open for the Virtual Family Engagement Sessions and families can request interpreters when they register. All sessions will be recorded and posted on the Roadmap to Readiness website.
Download the Ready, Set, Return to Classroom – A Family Guide Flyer
English | Spanish
Registration for Summer Academy is open! For information, please visit the MPS Summer Academy webpage.
It is vital that your contact information is up-to-date in our records so you can be sure to receive Back to School information from the district and your school.
The district is now utilizing the SchoolMessenger system to send text messages to the mobile phones of MPS staff and families to keep everyone up-to-date with important information, safety alerts, school closing and more.
MPS staff and families will need to opt-in to continue to receive important district and school messages to their phone. Everyone will need to opt-in by sending a text message to 67587 with “Y”. You can do this step with any mobile phone you would like to receive messages. For questions or assistance, please contact the Department of Communications and Marketing at 414-475-8274 or email@example.com
To set up a new parent portal account or receive assistance with an existing account, please visit the Technical Help webpage.